Kroger robber may have struck again
SNIPE
––––
Police are investigating suspicious activity at a pair of local pharmacies Tuesday night that authorities believe involved the same man who robbed a different drug store earlier this year.
According to Deputy Chief Tony Brooks, police received a call at about 6:20 p.m. about a suspic...
SNIPE
––––
Police are investigating suspicious activity at a pair of local pharmacies Tuesday night that authorities believe involved the same man who robbed a different drug store earlier this year.
According to Deputy Chief Tony Brooks, police received a call at about 6:20 p.m. about a suspicious male at the CVS pharmacy on West Fifth Street. He was described as a black male who was, “asking about over the counter drugs, but began looking behind the counter.”
Based on the description, authorities believe the man to be Anthony Kevin Snipe, 23, of Michigan. According to Brooks, he has two active warrants out of Toledo. Both are for burglary.
Authorities believe Snipe to be the same man who robbed the Kroger Marketplace pharmacy in July.
“There’s a high likelihood that it’s the same subject,” Brooks said.
Brooks was reluctant to call the Tuesday incident an attempted robbery, since the suspect did not try to rob the store.
In July, a man police also believe to be Snipe, jumped behind the counter of the Kroger pharmacy and stole bottles of narcotics.
“Promethazine with Codeine,” said Police Chief Floyd Golden at the time.
The man left CVS and indicated that he was heading to Rite Aid.
“He made mention to one of the clerks that he didn’t see what he was looking for there, so he was going to Rite Aid,” Brooks said.
Police arrived at Rite Aid and the suspect fled while an officer was looking behind the building.
Brooks said authorities set up a perimeter, but failed to apprehend the suspect.
“Clearly he had a vehicle waiting,” Brooks said.
Officials said his overall behavior at Rite Aid mirrored how he acted at CVS.
“He didn’t make any threats,” Brooks said. “I don’t think he approached anyone.”
According to Brooks, police are still reviewing surveillance footage from inside the stores. He said since the man parked outside the view of exterior cameras, they don’t know what kind of car he was driving.
The suspect in the July robbery was driving a gray or silver four-door sedan.
Along with the warrants, Brooks said at this time local authorities are trying to piece together footage to confirm an identity. He said at the moment, the subject didn’t do anything illegal, and they only have suspicious activity to go off.
“Right now, he didn’t attempt any kind of robbery,” Brooks said.